Monday, October 30, 2006

Molly's Home for a Few Days

Molly came home from RWJ on Saturday evening. Her fever was down for the better part of two days, and she had held down several consecutive feedings. She probably could have come home sooner, but she was having a hard time digesting her feeds. Turns out there was a slight mistake regarding the amount of time over which she receives her formula. Apparently shortening that time by 30 minutes makes her throw up. Go figure.

Everyone at Robert Wood was fantastic. I was a little skeptical at first because I wasn't a huge fan of the folks in the ER. But let's face it, they have a job to do. And in the first few minutes a 6 lb 10 week old arrives, that job is not to make her dad feel good. So after everything calmed down I changed my tune. Her cardiologist was phenomenal, and took really good care of her. All the residents were great. The nurses couldn't have been nicer.

I think Gavin was a big fan of his visits to the hospital. There were a bunch of animal sculptures in the lobby that talked when you pressed a button. He loved that. He also found some enjoyment in pressing the buttons on all the elevators. And then, of course, there was the play room on the fifth floor. I must admit, I had fun with the Spider-Man puzzle.

As of right now I think the plan is still to have surgery tomorrow. The cardiologists indicated that being fever-free for 48 hours would be enough for them to go through with the procedure. I guess we'll find out for sure in the morning, but as of this morning it looks like it will happen.

More to come.

No comments: