Friday, March 14, 2008

It is with indescribable sadness that we report the sudden and unexpected passing of Molly Elizabeth. Last night at about 7:30, while sitting on Erin's lap at the dinner table surrounded by loved ones, without a sound or the slightest hint of discomfort, Molly's heart simply stopped beating. Police and paramedics responded immediately, CPR was administered, and she was rapidly transported to the hospital in Princeton. Emergency Room personnel admirably attempted to revive her for over thirty minutes. She never regained consciousness after that silent goodbye at the table.

A memorial service will be held at St. Anthony of Padua in Hightstown, on Tuesday, March 18 at 10:30 am; interment will follow at Holy Cross Burial Park in South Brunswick; then a gathering of friends and family in the hall at St. Anthony. All are welcome.

As this will be a celebration of Molly Bear's life, please don't feel the need to wear black.

In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Trisomy 18 Foundation in Molly's memory: 4491 Cheshire Station Plaza, Suite 157, Dale City, VA 22193.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the grief and pain you must be feeling at this time.

I discovered your blog a month or so ago after my SIL was told her child due to be born probably had Trisomy 18 and I was looking for more information.

I read ever single one of your blog posts and was moved by your story. Thank you for sharing it with others.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your sweet little girl is no longer in your arms. I know you will miss her very much. I'll be praying comfort for your family.

Karen in TN

Anonymous said...

Sean, Erin,
I'm so sorry for your loss.

The two of you and Gavin and Molly have been heroes from the beginning.

I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I wish you both strength and courage, and the love and support of family and friends. I trust that your memories of Molly will be a comfort.

With my deepest sympathy,
Catherine Bramhall

Anonymous said...

Sean,
I'm so sorry to hear about Molly.
I know there are no words of comfort at this point...stay strong.
Baret

Anonymous said...

Josh and I were deeply saddened when we read Molly's obituary in the paper yesterday. Your entire family is an inspiration and our thoughts and prayers are with you.