Monday, January 15, 2007

Glorious Weekend

To me there are a few weekends of the year that just can't be beat: the first weekend of the NCAA hoops tourney; the Masters/US Open weekends; the Ryder Cup (it's every other year, and every four years it's in Europe so it comes on TV at like 6 am); and the first two weekends of the NFL Playoffs.

Last weekend wasn't that great because the Giants played and that always stresses me out. This weekend, however, was perfect. Just relaxing and watching football; little emotional involvement. All the games were good, and I would have only liked to see the outcome of one change (I was pulling for Seattle). And, let's face it, to me, an Eagles loss is a close second to a Giants win. I mean it's almost just as good. Don't get me wrong anyone beating the Eagles makes me happy, but I am really rooting for the Saints. So it was double-good.

So in addition to all this great football, my mom came up for the weekend. It's always nice to have her around. She was only here for a couple days, but at least she got here. When my mom comes up here it's like Christmas: yes, I mean we always get stuff, but it's also like having a whole family around. I don't know how she does it, but she actually holds Molly for like 12 hours at a time. When the whole family is around for a holiday like Christmas, everyone passes Molly around to the point where Erin and I have no worries about where she is or what she needs. When my mom is here she somehow accomplishes that feat on her own.

As for Molly, she is still not feeling well. She is very congested - though improving. She has not been tolerating feeds well, but she is still getting a lot of food in her. When the nurse came last week Molly weighed 8.7. Up two ounces from the previous visit, despite the stomach issues. She went back to the orthopedic doctor this morning to see how she is progressing with her hips. we can move from three diapers down to two, which is nice. He said she is still a little stiff, but seems to be improving. There were no x-rays, so nothing is certain. She was also fitted for purple, neoprene gloves. The purpose of these gloves is to keep her little finger spread out a little more, and to keep her from folding her thumbs in. Hopefully this will help her skeletal and muscular development.

We're still scheduled for surgery next Tuesday. If Molly doesn't shake her cold it's not likely to happen.

No comments: