Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes - Post 100

Seriously, when I got to the hospital last night to visit Erin and Molly, it was like I was walking into a different room. Well, actually, a lot of that had to do with the redecoration the previous night's nurse had undertaken for some feng-shua or whatever that stuff is. But it was also like a different little girl was there.

Molly looked fantastic: Her color was much better; her breathing was easier; her numbers looked good; and most importantly she seemed happy and comfortable.

If you had asked me over the weekend when she would be coming home I would have told you there was no way to guess. If you asked me now I would tell you she is heading in the right direction. I won't jinx it, but she seems to be making good progress.

I'm sure the celebrity treatment she got from her nurse yesterday, and the short walk they took outside, helped the healing process. I'm glad I made the drive up there yesterday afternoon, even though it was only for a half hour. Seeing her that happy made my day.

Now for the part that excites me and no one else: This is the 100th post on the Molly Brown blog. When I think back to post number one, on March 10, 2006, this space has come a long way. And when I read back that far, I am reminded that we have too.

No comments: