Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Giant Disappointment (Dec 30, 2007)

I started to feel a little sick on Tuesday evening. I knew something was wrong when I was sitting in the living room at the Logan's house, in front of a huge, roaring fire, freezing. Then I woke up Wednesday and there was no doubt. I spent the majority of the day Wednesday on the couch, and I even slept there Wednesday night. By Thursday afternoon I was feeling a little better and then Friday I thought I was pretty well healed.

Of course, then Friday night Molly woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well. And when I say she woke up I basically mean she was jarred awake by some pain and/or discomfort just after midnight, and she didn't close her eyes again for a number of hours.

Saturday I went to the Giants vs. Pats game with Rob. While the overall takeaway is that we almost ruined a perfect season and we played really well, the day as a whole was wrought with disappointment. I'll spare you the long details, but share the list: the western spur of the NJTPKE was closed forcing us to take a bizarre route through Seacaucus that we had to figure out on our own; said route put us on the wrong side of the stadium and thus in a parking lot we're not used to parking in; we bought into a tailgate rather than bringing our own stuff like we always do thus leaving us with nothing but beer upon arrival; when we finally got in touch with the folks from the tailgate we bought into we learned they were in the absolute furthest lot from where we were, and actually quite close to the lot we usually park in; tons of people sold their tickets to Patriots fans all of whom walked into our house like it was theirs (same goes for the players); two of those Patriots fans were seated to our immediate right; and finally, if Randy Moss beats you deep and drops the ball there is no excuse for letting him do it again on the very next play since it's unlikely he is going to drop two in a day, much less in a row.

And I woke up Sunday to find myself sick once again.

And of course, Molly was getting worse. So Erin took Molly to the doctor today where they gave her a prescription for an antibiotic and some meds to put in the nebulizer. She is really junky and according to the doctor her lungs sound a bit crackly. Since she can't cough up the phlegm like we can, a lot of it ends up backing up. Needless to say this makes her quite uncomfortable and keeps her from progressing toward good health.

I am leaving for Toronto on Thursday and Erin is supposed to meet me there Friday night. Rutgers plays Ball State in the International Bowl on Saturday. Right now it's not looking like Erin is going to be able to make the trip.

No comments: