Wednesday, November 08, 2006

How About Some Good News?

Molly Bear moved into a step-down room in the CCU this morning. That means after eight days she is no longer in the Intensive Care Unit. I haven't seen her yet, but Erin called as soon as she heard the news. I am heading down there this evening to spend the night.

The tests she had yesterday revealed that nothing is consistent with the colon disease they were concerned she had. She also had a PICC line put in yesterday so she can receive meds and nutrients without having to constantly remove and re-insert IVs in her hands and feet. Last night when I was there she looked better than she has in days. And Erin says she slept pretty well, too. She is going to start on formula soon, and her course of antibiotics ends tomorrow.

Perspective, I know, but the drive is BRUTAL. I am so tired of I-95. Whatever. Tonight I am looking forward to it.

No comments: