Friday, February 16, 2007

Back in the Room and Resting

Molly had a great night of sleep last night and was taken from the room this morning while she was still sleeping. They very briefly wheeled her into a pre-op room where she woke up momentarily and then fell back to sleep. I think she was too tired to realize what was going on and, thus, was unable to fabricate a fever, cough or sneeze, or spit up. Bottom line: they got Molly in for surgery right on schedule.

By 8:45 the doctor had come out to tell us the procedure went smoothly and there were no surprises. A few minutes later we were up in the recovery area with Molly. We were surprised at how large the tube is but since it will later be replaced by a small button that sits flush against the skin, it's not a big deal. She was a little groggy from the meds, but she opened her eyes when she heard our voices.

Now we're back in the room [the shared room we've been in for the last week] and Molly Bear is sleeping. She'll get pain medication as necessary, but all in all she is doing really well.

I'll post another update later. If not today, then certainly after I take the G Tube class tomorrow morning. I am spending the night here tonight and the class is at 9 am tomorrow. So I'll be solo. I will be on my best behavior for class, but you'd have to be crazy to think I am getting through that session without some valuable fodder for a future post.

No comments: