Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Comments

I've gotten some questions lately about Comments in this space. Let me explain the process:

When you submit a comment you're given the option of doing so under a name (yours or a made up one, I suppose?), or anonymously (which should negate the need to make up a name). After you submit the comment I get an email telling me you have done so. I then have to make the decision to publish, reject, or moderate your comments. In most cases it's pretty clear to me what comments people want posted and what comments they want kept private. But I am only a recreational mind-reader, so, at times, I presume I could be mistaken. I will never moderate your comments - unless they're offensive - in which case you've probably wandered onto the wrong web space. If I select to publish, it forever becomes part of this travesty of modern technology and will be attached to its corresponding post for all to read.

So here is the deal: If you click the profile link you will find my personal email address. If there is something not for public consumption that you wish to share, please do so using that address. If it's something you're comfortable publicizing, please submit it as a Comment. From this point forward I will publish all Comment submissions.

The fact that people have been asking leads me to believe some of you out there may have something to say. If you have a question, or a suggestion, or advice, please feel free to share. By all means, let's make this interactive. Even I get tired of just listening to myself.

No comments: