Monday, February 05, 2007

BLOG

The Washington Post's Style Invitational asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are a few of this year's winners - ones that are relevant to me and/or this space:

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Inoculatte (v): To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

Karmageddon (n): its like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

I found the email from which these were taken to be highly amusing, and timely. If I recall it came on a particularly reflective day. I thought about trying to come up with a catchy name for a BLOG in this same manner. But apparently the word BLOG stems from "web log" and thus already basically is one of these words. But that wasn't good enough for me, so here I go [with my own artistic leniancies; I'm not trying to win anything from the Post] in no particular order:

Blaahhg (n): an especially tiresome web log.

Bulletin bored (n): A place to read notices that make one weary and restless through lack of interest.

Diaryhea (n): a daily record with an excessive flow of personal activities, refelctions, or feelings.

And my personal favorite:

Jourinal (n): a record of experiences, ideas, or reflections intended for private use yet stored in a public recepticle.

Anyway that was hardly the point of this post - although I must admit it was kind of fun. When I remember how I even got to that, I will post something about it. But I must warn you, I started this post nearly two months ago and it's just now gotten this far.

No comments: