Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not the Spider, the City.

Charlotte. This wouldn't happen if we lived in Charlotte. Don't get me wrong, I don't really know anything about Charlotte. But I do know it's the farthest south I would consider moving, and there are probably very few ice storms there.

This weather is awful.

Gavin and I are currently hanging out in our PJs, which is cool, but we were planning to go see Mom and Molly for Valentine's Day and with the current state of meteorology and the forecast for the rest of the day, it's not looking good. I was supposed to relieve Erin for the night and, if I don't get down there at all, that's pretty much impossible. Then tomorrow I have to go to NYC for an afternoon meeting and that makes it unlikely I can get down there then. So poor Erin will have to spend five straight nights there. Plus she won't get her Valentine's Day gift until Friday [and those of you who know what it is know how excited I am to give it to her].

So it may not seem like it, but all these concerns are completely selfish. Ultimately what's going to happen is I am going to have to stay down at the hospital all weekend (which will likely include Monday since I am off for President's Day and three nights still doesn't compare to five).

Hey while I am thinking of it, if any of you have any insight into when Molly might be sent home please let me know. That would be great.

As for medical updates, as far as I know Molly is doing ok. Yesterday they lowered her oxygen levels a bit and she was still breathing well. Hopefully they lower it some more soon, and ultimately take her off completely. There was also a plan to put Molly back on some formula (in conjunction with the Pedialyte). All signs of improvement. Of course, I'll have to talk to Erin to find out if any of this information is still accurate. Or maybe she'll post something on the CaringBridge site. I am not averse to getting my information that way; it is the technology era after all.

No comments: